Your customers want to hear from you…they just don’t want to HEAR from you. What does that mean? Well, how many times have you heard someone tell you ‘Please just text me’? There is a growing number of people who prefer texting to voice. This includes messages from businesses as well. In fact, business texting can actually help improve your customer relations. We are going to explore some business texting statistics that prove just that.
STATISTICS ABOUT TEXTING
From its introduction about two decades ago, text messaging has continued to gain popularity. The following statistics prove how much texting makes an impact on daily life of American adults.
- When making decisions on where to live, 67% of Americans value reliable wireless service just as much as affordable housing, good commute times, and good school districts – CTIA
- Over 65% of the world population communicates through text message – SlickText
- 61% of people say they would not install new applications on their devices just to communicate with a company – Zoominfo
- An amazing 74% of users report having no unread messaging at the end of the day – Zoominfo
- Nearly 70% of consumers check their phones 11 times or more throughout the day – Zipwhip
- 92% of U.S. adults have text-capable phones – SlickText
- 51% of consumers believe messaging to be the more reliable form of communication over email and calls – Zipwhip
BUSINESS TEXTING STATISTICS
The way you make your customers feel has a major impact on whether or not they will develop brand loyalty to you. A positive relationship can not only keep your customers yours, but also increase the likelihood of word-of-mouth advertising from your customers. Your customer experience is ultimately what makes your customers come back to you time and time again.
- 85% of consumers would rather receive and message over an email or phone call – SlickText
- 87% of people say they completely ignore calls from businesses and unknown numbers –Zipwhip
- Messaging is a trusted communication method by nearly 93% of consumers – MessageDesk
- 64% of consumers believe that a business that utilize texting as their primary communication method value their time – SlickText
- When it comes to scheduling an appointment or receiving a reminder, 67% of consumers would rather it be done via text instead of over call or email – Zoominfo
- Response speed is important to 76% of consumers when it comes to service-based messaging –Vibes
- Almost half of consumers in the U.S. will respond to branded message blasts – SlickText
- SMS campaigns see 10x more conversions than traditional ad campaigns – Simple Texting
- 56% of users worldwide say they have messaged a brand to get more information when on different stages of the buyers’ journey – HubSpot
- Approximately 94% of businesses are already communicating with their colleagues through messaging – SlickText
- 97% of businesses have found that they connect more efficiently with customers over text–SlickText
As you can see, business texting has a lot of positive aspects. However, nothing is perfect. The following is a short list of areas where business texting can improve.
- As much as 74% of consumers would rather message with a real person than a chatbot when inquiring about something – Zoominfo
- SMS and MMS messaging is not being used by about 61% of marketing professionals currently –SlickText
- 3 out of 4 consumers feel frustrated when they can not respond to a company’s text messages –Zipwhip
- About 57% of businesses are using their personal cell phones to message their customers –Zipwhip
For good measure, we have thrown in a few statistics about business texting and loyalty programs. Customers love to be rewarded just for being loyal to you. You have the opportunity to take advantage of this by automating a system that is very little work for you but offers big results.
- Brand loyalty programs that use text messaging are preferred by 53% of consumers – Vibes
- If your loyalty program sends too many or irrelevant messages, 86% of consumers would unsubscribe from the program. – Vibes
GET GOING WITH BUSINESS TEXTING
If you’re ready to get started with business texting, Advanced Communications is here for you. Our business phone systems are just what you need to take your business to the next level. With our amazing staff ready to guide you in the right direction, business texting has never been easier. To get started, call us today at (844) 418-8647!